This entry comes after reading something posted on LiveJournal by a friend of mine. It was sort of presented as a challenge but this is really how my weekend went. It was a great time of family and friends.
Tuesday: Helped make pies for our Zambia Mission Trip fund raiser until about 6:00 and then went home cuz the husband had to go to work. Sitting at home watching some boring show on TV when in walks my daughter, home from college whom I haven't seen since like august when we dropped her off. We talked like forever just catching up with life. It was just great to have her home for a couple of days.
Wednesday: Volunteered at the receptionist desk all day and then went and helped finish the pie thing. Towards the end of the pie thing and while we were waiting for the customers to pick up their pies in walked two guys who I thought was our last customers and boy was I surprised because it was my son, also home for the weekend from college. That's two for two!
Thursday: Went to two different Thanksgiving day meals. The first was at Clark Memorial home to eat with Jim's mom. Then to my parents in the evening for fellowship and fun. Worked on a really confusing puzzle but a load of fun because I like challenges, The puzzle was a picture of a stalk of wheat in a massive pile of needles (reverse of needle in a haystack) :). So that is three for three.
Friday: My daughter and I hit the mall for a day of shopping. Found lots of bargains and long lines but a great time to chat with her and find out what she is doing at school. Then when we got home we had our families Thanksgiving meal cooked by my fabulous son, an up and coming chef. Very delicious! So that was a great day, and that makes it four for four.
Saturday: Got to actually sleep in and the it was more shopping and errand running. After that I helped a friend of my daughter make a pair of pajama pants for a Christmas gift. That was fun teaching her how to sew, a hobby/side job of mine. Then I helped my daughter make truffles that she wanted to give as a 'Secret Santa' gift back at school. Finished all of this with a visit from an adopted daughter, Nicole, also home from college. The best is yet to come- five for five.
Sunday: A busy day-1st I taught Route 5/6, then went to worship. enjoyed the message and the songs especially the new one they were teaching the congregation. It was one I learned a youth camp. Then afterwards hugs and more hugs as we all visited with Nate and Lindsey Kingsbury. Wow it was so good to see them. Then it was home to pack the kids and get them on their way back to school. Marissa was being picked up at 3:30 and I was bringing Levi to the train in Michigan City. Ended up driving all the way into Chicago and made it back without getting lost, much to the surprise of my son who didn't think I would be able to do it. And that is six for six!!!!
A wonderfully great and long weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, you are a busy lady! But lots of good things. Isn't it great when the kids come home? I seem to always have a little "let down" after they all leave :(.
Greta! What a busy Thanksgiving you had! But a blessed one as well!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm so glad I could provide you with a good belly laugh. haha!
Hugs,
Shar
Post a Comment